Pocket PC Tests
There's no current framework for unit tests on the Pocket PC Emulator. I found a few old blog posts, but nothing looked like it was still supported. So I rolled my own.
Interesting exercise. A trade-off between usefulness and ease of development. Highlights are:
- I really wanted a red/green bar for visualising success
- Attribute programming and reflection is easy enough if you're following a model
- Run one test with the debugger in Visual Studio is helpful
- The tests are slow by comparison with say NUnit and C# libraries
- They are not Unit tests, by and large. I respect Michael Feathers' definition